Monday, June 27, 2011

Gone to Carolina

We're in North Carolina! We've already been sunburned from the beach and the pool, eaten alive by mosquitoes, and survived a week of camping and there's still two weeks left! I'm loving all the time with my family and the accents and the heat and the amazing food! I feel kind of torn about leaving in a few weeks; I'm excited to move into our new apartment, but I'm sad about being so far away from so many people I love. For now though, I'm enjoying my time here and not thinking too much about the future.

Last week Daniel and I went to Girl's Camp with my stake. I was an adult level leader over Jillian's group and Daniel was the "lifeguard" (he's not certified to be a real lifeguard, hence the quotes) and waterfront coordinator. He was also a part-time cook and helper to whoever needed him. Everyone was SO appreciative of him, it warmed my heart when people would stop me and ask me to thank Daniel for them for a task he helped with!

My tan is coming along nicely thanks to the abundant sunshine. I think I'll miss that the most in Wisconsin, the sun doesn't come out as much as I'd like. It turns out that our place in Milwaukee is about two blocks from where a family friend grew up, it's crazy to hear how the area has changed.

There are a lot more things happening, but the pool is calling my name. I'll post again if the weather gets yucky and keeps me inside.

And now I'll leave you with this. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Weird Al...





-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment