Unfortunately, I didn't take a "before" picture of this dresser. We bought it for $50 and it had a medium brown finish. Daniel sanded it down to the bare wood (I helped a little), then we stained it a dark brown. We took up a third of the garage for two and a half weeks, but it's totally worth it.
I did the drawers and the second coat on the sides and Daniel did the top and the first coat on the sides.
It's not perfect, but there's a sense of pride in looking at something you helped create!
Our awesome TV. 37", 1080p. Quite a leap from our dinky 20" analog in Provo, this is probably our best Craigslist find!
We picked up this stand for $35 and it is everything we've been looking for. Since we have dark brown couches, we want some lighter pieces for the living room. I kind of wish there were drawers or door or something, but other than that it's perfect!
TV stand + TV
This papasan chair is my new best friend. $30 at an estate sale. It is seriously my favorite thing. It's comfy and in amazing shape and since it's a lighter wood, it's most def going in the living room.
Daniel LOVES this thing. We were trying to decide between a coffee table or an ottoman, and...
We found something that's both!
* The headboard (we used the ship-to-store option, hopefully it'll be here in the next week or so)
* King-size mattress (killer deal at WG&R)
* Light blue sheet set (500 thread count)
* White down comforter (great for Wisconsin winters)
* Dark brown bedskirt (hopefully it matches the headboard)
Things we still need...
* Bedside tables
* An end table (or two) for the living room
* An area rug for the living room. Maybe
* A washer and dryer
* All the bathroom stuff
Each thing we get makes us more excited for our new place! We'll be sure to take lots of pictures once we move in!