Sunday, October 9, 2011

An Ode to Steve Jobs, Riley Nelson's hair, and Some Other Stuff

This is a random jumble of thoughts that are not really connected at all. Just wanted to give you a head's up...

We know a guy who works at the Apple store and literally every single thing I have ever heard him say is about his job at the Apple store. Today during a lesson he bore his testimony about the impact of Steve Jobs's death. And there was a self-written poem involved. And it was not in any way related to the lesson. And that's all I'm allowed to say because Daniel thinks I'm mocking this guy when all I'm really trying to do is share a humorous anecdote. If you want more details, ask me when he's not around.

On Thursday I had lunch with a girl in the ward, Danielle, who works over in Froedtert (pronounced frayed-ert). She is really cool and even though her husband's a third year and she's a few years older than me, we're dealing with some similar issues and it felt SO good to talk to her. She gave me some good advice for med school and dealing with Wisconsin winters and I think we're going to try to have lunch together once a week.

This week I got my time off for Thanksgiving approved! I'm only taking half a day, but considering I got two weeks of Christmas approved two weeks ago, I was a little nervous asking for anything else. This means that Daniel and I will get to go to West Virginia and have some serious extended family time. I can't wait!

On Tuesday I'm hosting a little Halloween party for some M1 significant others (and Danielle) and I'm excited because I get to try out this recipe, I'll let you know how it goes. I also got some decorations at Wal-Mart last night, and while I had to wait in the check-out line from hell to buy it all, it was totally worth it.

Riley Nelson is the Sampson of BYU football. As long as he doesn't cut his hair, he will lead BYU to victory. I know Jake Heaps is the choice for the future, but it is so refreshing to see Nelson actually completing passes and running a few himself. It's such a contrast between him and Heaps! See for yourself...


Jake Heaps


Riley Nelson

I've decided he should be an Herbal Essences model after he's done at BYU.

-Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post!! Did you see that Riley cut his hair? Tom Holmoe went up to him after the game and told him he needed to cut his hair. The great part is that he cut it to just barely honor code worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen ! I found you through Jordan's blog. So glad you guys are doing well! Your a great writer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete