Monday, December 12, 2011

That time where my heart was changed forever

Last night I was playing a game where I'm responsible for the growth of other living things acquired through various situations. The idea of providing for something that was not my own got me thinking about a journal entry from a few years ago that I reread recently. A previous boyfriend (I hate the term "ex," it has such a negative connotation) and I had talked about adopting one day, even if we had children of our own, and I loved the fact that he was on board. The idea of adoption hit me so hard last night that I actually went to the LDS Family Services website to start the process for me and Daniel, but I didn't get very far. I've felt strongly about adopting in the past, but last night was such a realization: Adoption is going to play a role in my family's life. Woah.

By the way, Daniel loves the idea too. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!

-Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club! It's a process for sure, but you're in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete