Sunday, April 1, 2012

Patience

For those following our fertility adventures, my first round of Clomid didn't work. We were super bummed for a little bit, but then realized that one round of 50mg of Clomid doesn't work for us. Maybe it'll be two or three rounds, maybe it'll be 100mg, but we're crossing off things that don't give us a BFP (big fat positive [pregnancy test], according to TTC [trying to conceive] message boards), and that's better than nothing. My doctor's giving us a few weeks off the meds to get more tests done, hopefully we can narrow down our options sooner rather than later.

I never thought this process would be so labor (haha, get it?) intensive. I'm finally starting to realize that this experience is an opportunity for me to learn patience, a virtue that I definitely lack at times. For example, I started college two weeks after high school graduation. My quotes of fame in my freshman dorm included gems like, "Are you rapidly boiling yet?!" I wanted to know what med schools Daniel was accepted to as soon as he finished his interview. I try to grow my hair out, but get frustrated and cut it short again and again. Life doesn't rapidly boil immediately or unlock clues to my husband's medical career right away, and that's a lesson that I struggle to remember.

But in an ambitious effort, we recently put down a deposit on a 3-bedroom apartment in a cul-de-sac full of LDS medical professionals and next to a park. If plenty of room to play and grow with little friends isn't enough of an enticement for a baby, I don't know what is!

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment