Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yay service!

Lately, Daniel and I have been praying for a handful of things on a daily basis...

1) A little Lindsay
2) Mark and his companion and investigators
3) More missionary opportunities
4) More service opportunities
5) A good night's sleep or a productive day, depending on what time of day it is

We had the Sisters over for dinner recently and my phone rang while we were eating. I was just going to let it go, but I felt like I should answer it. So I went to the bedroom and had a nice chat with a young mother in the ward who doesn't know us personally but asked if we would babysit her kids on Friday while she and her husband go out to dinner with Fred (landlord extraordinaire) to celebrate the Match. I was touched by this woman's trust in us and her ability to perceive promptings from the Spirit (I honestly can't think of any other reason why she would call us). I also like that Daniel and I are starting to get a reputation as awesome babysitters :) Yay service!

In other news, it was recently announced that Daniel's mission is being split. Nevada will soon house the Las Vegas, Las Vegas West, and Reno missions. The state was split pretty much down the middle, with the Strip roughly the border between the Vegas and Vegas West sides. You can read more (and see the new map) here. The Reno mission looks ginormous, but really the only stuff that's up there is Reno and Carson City. I think it's funny that the Vegas mission covers more of Arizona and California than it does Nevada, but it's great that there's enough work that the areas need to be split! Yay missionaries and service!

Fun story: While we were dating, Daniel and I made a promise that if I say Nuh-vad-uh (instead of Ne-vah-da), he'll say App-uh-latch-in (instead of App-uh-lay-shin). So far, so good

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment