Sunday, March 4, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes

Unless something else wows me, I think I'm gonna stick with anesthesiology.
-Daniel

This statement makes me cautiously happy. Daniel's just a baby by med school standards, so while there's no guarantee he'll stick with anesthesiology in the long run, I like that he's already realizing what he is and is not passionate about. He's got exams this week and then spring break, so there will be a lot of shadowing during that time to (hopefully) continue solidifying his decision. If nothing else, at least I can spell anesthesiology now!

In other news, I have officially taken control of my fertility (or lack thereof). I've had several blood tests and two types of ultrasounds and everything's come back pretty much normal, so I did my first round of Clomid last week. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens next. I know there are no promises, but I'm glad we're starting to get to the bottom of things. I will say that I'm very impressed with my doctor here, she understands that Daniel and I mean business and she takes good care of us, as opposed to my Provo doctor who just wanted to prescribe more birth control and let things work out on their own. I don't know if that's the Happy Valley mentality or just the BYU health plan doctors, but I'm glad I've found a health care provider who listens and wants to really help us get started with this new, exciting phase of life!

-Jenn

PS: Our dream house sold :( Maybe it'll be on the market again in a few years when we're ready to settle down...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope everything works out for you! We'll pray for you. :) I am glad you found a good doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you going to? Glad to hear things are moving somewhere for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meliah - Thanks! Let's get together soon :)

    Danielle - Her name is Raven Koeppler, she's at the Greenfield Highlands clinic

    ReplyDelete