Thursday, February 21, 2013

Great in 8 - Week 2

This week didn't go as well as week 1. I gained half a pound! But I wasn't as careful with what I ate, so I'm kind of glad it was only a little bit. My friend threw a Parks and Recreation-inspired Galentine's party and I indulged in waffles with strawberries and sugar-free syrup, and also a few pieces of chocolate. Then on Saturday, Daniel and I had a craving that only Jet's could satisfy, so we stopped by on our way home from the temple and ate pizza while watching Nacho Libre. Daniel had never seen it before and I had only seen bits and pieces; we've started saying Ess for fun around the house.

One day we won't be in school anymore and we'll pay off our loans and I won't wince every time I pay for groceries. I should also probably not go to the store after working and sitting in traffic for 20 minutes in the rain. I bought $8 grapes because I didn't look at the tag close enough because I was tired and just wanted to go home. We had gone 3 days without milk at this point though, so this trip was sorely needed.

After the Fresh Start! thing a couple weeks ago, I'm suddenly obsessed with muffins. I asked Daniel to buy me a couple muffin pans for Valentine's Day (romantic, I know). Hopefully I'll make a few batches and have a healthy grab and go breakfast and/or snack. I've also discovered the joy of Triscuits! I'm not sure why I wasn't a big fan before or why I'm suddenly craving them now, but they're an approved snack and I don't feel bad for eating a few handfuls every day. They're definitely worth the extra $1 or so I would've saved if I'd bought less nutritious snacks #triscuits4life

Favorite workout song of the week - Magic by B.o.B. featuring Rivers Cuomo

This is just a fun song that gets you moving! Plus, how cute is Rivers Cuomo jumping around like he doesn't really know what's going on? I also take pride in the fact that I know every word to this song.

No major recipe fails this week, yay!

Recipe WIN - Daniel's minestrone
There are no pictures of it because we ate it so quick!

Daniel's a fan of allrecipes.com, so he found this recipe and adapted it just a little. He doesn't use the wine (obviously) and instead of tomato sauce, he adds diced tomatoes. This time he grabbed a can of diced tomatoes with chiles and put it in by mistake, and it added a little kick that we both liked. The recipe makes a TON of soup and it stores/freezes well, so you can save some for later. Daniel got a little tired of it after a few days, so I finished it off. Plus, it's awesome for Great in 8 - it has enough veggies to satisfy the 10 point requirement for fruits/veggies servings!

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment