Saturday, February 14, 2015

Weekly wrap up

I worked out Monday-Saturday this week! I can't remember the last time that happened. It might have been while I was still in college...

I've been more mindful of my body this week. The sore muscles, the creaky joints (I will definitely need knee replacements when I'm older), the necessity of a good breathing pattern, every day I've thanked Heavenly Father for my body and its capabilities. Sure, there are 65-year-olds in my yoga class who can hold a plank longer than I can, but I know I'll get there. Maybe.
Matthew had a big week! We're starting the whole sippy cup thing, I'm hoping to wean him off bottles by his birthday in April. Right now the lunchtime drink is a sippy, breakfast and dinner are still bottles. He's slowly getting the hang of things, I think we'll make it in time!

The first sippy on Monday. He was not impressed

Matthew turned 10 months on Tuesday! These little photo shoots are getting harder and harder, he just wants to be everywhere all the time.

Still managed to get this cute shot though!

We're also working on baby sign language. Matthew knows milk, more, and all done. He knows how to sign, but he hasn't quite put their meanings together yet. It's a work in progress. We're trying to add please and thank you too.

Here's a video of his sweet skills!

Happy Valentine's Day!

On Thursday we went out for an early Valentine's dinner. We went to Lake Park Bistro for some fancy French food and because we had a gift card (is that tacky? I didn't care at all!). Our reservation was at 8pm, so we were able to feed Matthew, give him a bath, and put him to bed before heading out (thanks for watching him, Emily!). It was fun to dress up and wear high heels and give Daniel my undivided attention! Milwaukee friends, definitely check out LPB if you get the chance - the escargots dish is amazing!

My cute outfit and my cute date!
Something I love right now - O'Keeffe's Working Hands cream

Dry winters are pretty much the worst. Dry winters with a baby are absolutely the worst. Changing diapers, wiping up spills and messes, dropping off and picking up at the daycare at the gym - there's a LOT of hand washing going on. Ever since I left home for the frigid winters of Utah and Wisconsin, I've spent the nights from November-April with lotion and socks on my hands. Most of the time it was enough to just barely repair the damage from the day before, but then my mom sent me a tin of this stuff and it changed everything! My hands look and feel SO much better, and there aren't any cracks or chapped places at the end of the day. It's a miracle in a plastic jar, plain and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment