Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Great in 8 - Week 4

I gained a half pound this week. However, the last thing I ate on Sunday was ice cream, so there you go. I’ve decided that eating a few bad/unhealthy/insert-other-unsavory-adjective-here foods a day isn’t the end of the world. Portion control is your friend! I’d much rather have a little bit of something I want than be mean or irritated because I’m denying myself some extra calories. But beware: I stopped at McDonald’s (judge all you want, I don’t care) after a church function and ordered a Mighty Kids meal and I lost my credit card somewhere between the drive-thru and my living room. A new one’s on it’s way, but it’s still inconvenient. Think hard about your food choices and what will make you happy!

Favorite workout song of the week - Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye

An oldie, but a goodie. Pretty much anything by these guys is something you can exercise to!

No recipe fail(s) this week!

Recipe WIN - Chicken Awesome
My mom found this recipe in a Kraft Foods magazine several years ago and I named it because it involves chicken and it is awesome. No one came up with a better name, so it stuck. I like this recipe because it tastes good hot off the stove and as chilled leftovers. Win-win!

Ingredients
1 box of whole wheat spaghetti
2-3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 bottle of Light Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
2 boxes of frozen or 2 heads of fresh broccoli florets
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions
1. Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions
2. In large pan on medium-high heat, combine chicken and dressing (½ the bottle, ¾ of the bottle, whatever, but enough to coat the chicken)
3. Cover and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and dressing boils (about 10 minutes), stirring every 2-3 minutes
4. Add broccoli to chicken and dressing, simmer for 5-7 minutes
5. Combine spaghetti, chicken, dressing, and broccoli
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving (optional)

-Jenn

PS: We saw Imagine Dragons on Saturday night and it was awesome! I didn’t take any pictures or videos because we were kind of smashed in the middle and I couldn’t really see much, but the energy was just fantastic. We’re somewhere in here. It was also fun to rock out with Daniel, he had a great time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment