Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, beloved, or dearest. You don't really win anything tangible, but you get to learn more about the authors of your favorite blogs, plus it's free publicity from those who nominate you. Then you get to pay it forward!
1) I was a teenage bride
2) I’m oddly possessive of my car
3) I want to watch the sun rise on the east coast and the sun set on the west coast in the same day
4) I could eat Chick-fil-A for every meal for the rest of my life and be totally okay with it
5) I name inanimate objects (car, phone, GPS, etc.)
6) I was a C-section baby
7) I’m allergic to tree nuts but didn’t realize it until after I was married (I seriously thought everyone’s tongue and throat got itchy and swollen after eating cashews or almonds)
8) I wish I could have tattoos
9) I write in all caps because my handwriting’s neater that way
10) My favorite number is 1011) I’m terrified of blowing up a gas station, so when I fill up I always keep one uncovered hand on my car and one uncovered hand on the gas pump handle, regardless of the weather
11 answers to Andria’s 11 questions
1) What is your favorite type of book to read?
Happy books! Genre doesn’t matter as much as my feelings when I read
2) What is your dream job?
One where I get paid in gourmet chocolate
3) If you could visit any country, which would you visit?
4) Where do you think you’ll be in ten years?
Hopefully somewhere warm and debt-free, preferably in the Southeast US
5) If your 16-year-old self could see you know, what would he or she think of you?
She’d probably be disappointed to discover that my face still breaks out and that I live in the freaking cold Midwest, but pleasantly surprised with my future-doctor husband and how I decorated our apartment
6) If you could donate one million dollars to any charity, which would it be?
Probably Heifer International because recipients learn how to sustain themselves instead of begging or stealing for food
7) What do you consider to be one of your greatest strengths?
I’m really good at getting out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off, I don’t ever hit snooze
8) If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which would you choose?
A party animal. Who needs sleep?
9) What is your favorite type of music?
Um, maybe "alternative rock or pop" - stuff like Two Door Cinema Club or Andrew McMahon. I don't really know how to label stuff like that. It's good music, it's just not as popular as some of the other stuff out there
10) How old were you when you had your first kiss, and how did it happen?
I was 15, it was in the back of a car after a youth temple trip
11) Who is your favorite figure from history?
Nikola Tesla is pretty awesome
11 blogs I'm nominating
1) Carly over at Gary and Carly
2) Carrie over at Everyday a Holladay
3) Courtney over at M+C
4) Emily over at Zack, Ems and Elise
7) Katie R over at The Rogersons
8) Katie S over at Love, Us
9) Kelsi over at Ty and Kelsi's Most Excellent Adventures
10) Michelle over at Michelle, My Belle11) Sarah over at Mr. and Mrs. Brunson
My 11 questions for my 11 bloggers
1) In the film adaptation of your life, which actor or actress would you want to be you?
2) How many scars do you have and what are their stories?
3) Aside from childbirth (if applicable), what’s the worst pain you’ve ever been in?
4) What’s your life motto?
5) Which Napoleon Dynamite character are you according to this arbitrary quiz from TeenNick.com?
6) What’s the last thing you ate?
7) If your music selection for the rest of forever was limited to the discography of one artist/group, who would you pick?
8) What’s the best thing you’ve pinned on Pinterest?
9) How many pecks of pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
10) What’s your favorite holiday?11) If you were a kitchen utensil/gadget, what would you be?
You don't have to participate if you don't want to, it's just for fun. Enjoy!